The USTA will be awarding one (1) women’s main draw wild card to the 2015 US Open based on performance in a series of USTA Pro Circuit events. The wild card will be awarded to the American player with the highest total of cumulative main draw WTA ranking points from the events listed below:
July 13 Stockton, CA
July 20 Sacramento, CA
July 27 Lexington, KY
• Players’ best two (2) results from the three events will be used and combined to calculate the point total.
• In the event of a tie, the player with the best WTA ranking in the published WTA rankings of Monday, August 3, 2015 will be awarded the wild card.
• Players must compete in at least one of the three events listed below to be considered for the wild card.
• Should the player with the highest total of cumulative singles WTA points become a Direct Acceptance into the US Open, the next qualified American player with the highest cumulative total of singles WTA points will be awarded the wild card (ties will be broken as described above).
• In the event that issues arise that are not covered by these rules, USTA Player Development will be the final arbiter.